Monday, March 30, 2009

Ambivalence ?

I was filling the Visa form and It sucks to see religion field on the form. I know I am not religious ...what do I do ?.I have chosen free thinker because I have transformed to be one few years ago after my iconoclastic behavior questioning the relevance of the same.Ever since I have seen people killing other people from religion, I am totally disinclined to call myself as a Hindu.

The religion details are no where on the passport. I don't want to tick on Hindu as a short cut. I want to know if "freethinker" is really checked in case of people applying for Visa, when a person is Hindu - what would happen. Why is the free thinker column there on Visa form?. I am sure no person would be born as free thinker.

What has religion got to do with a person's work / studies ?. I cant even call myself a free thinker because there are several instances where I do not explain points logically and scientifically. I am again stuck in this mundane.

No comments: